mViewer(Micro/Mongo Viewer) is a light (read web based like Futon for couchdb) GUI for mongo db which does not need any installation steps.
Whats new in mViewer-v1.0.0 ?
- Introduced tabs to open and work on individual db's simultaneously
- Added support to run multiple db queries based on selection
Whats new in mViewer-v1.0.0 beta ?
- Redesigned complete user interface with enhanced ease
- New login interface which supports mongodb started with/without auth mode
- Full support of roles and privileges
- User creation with roles with specific set actions
- Supports latest MongoDB v3.x
- Integrated all API's with swagger
Whats new in mViewer-v0.9.2 ?
- Enhanced Look-n-Feel
- Enhanced Query Executor with support for running all queries on collections including Map Reduce & the new aggregation framework.
- Support for managing Database users
- Supoort for managing Collection indexes
- Enhanced authentication & security with support for --auth mode
- Enhanced command executor
mViewer-v0.9.1 - Stable Release (as on 25-08-2012)
mViewer-v0.9.1 supports :-
- Managing Databases - Create/Drop databases
- Managing Collections - Create/Update/Drop collections
- Managing GridFS files - Add/View/Download/Drop files
- Querying for documents using Query executor
- Quick Navigation & Execution of all actions items using CTRL + Space.
- Pagination and Navigation to any subset of documents.
- Viewing stats of databases, collections and gridFS
- Opening multiple connections from same browser to different MongoDB servers
Download previous versions from https://github.com/Imaginea/mViewer/downloads
Unzip/Untar the downloaded package and simply run start_mViewer.bat/start_mViewer.sh (with +x permission).
>start_mViewer.bat <port> in Windows
$./start_mViewer.sh <port> in Mac/Linux
'port' is optional, if not provided default port (8080) set in properties file will be used.
Start using mViewer at http://localhost:/index.html
Contribute to Imaginea / mViewer !
1) Fork Imaginea / mViewer 2) Clone your forked mViewer repository locally 3) We use Intellij IDEA for development. So to setup with intellij a) Create mViewer as a maven project using "Import project from external module". b) Apply Imaginea code styles/formatting settings to avoid un-wanted diffs with spaces in pull requests. - Download https://github.com/downloads/Imaginea/mViewer/settings.jar and use import settings option to apply it. - Make sure to format the code using ctr + alt + l before committing code. - When committing code, if see a popup regarding different line separators used in project, then click 'Leave unchanged'. c) Configure a Tomcat Server locally in intellij to run/debug mViewer. 4) You can send a pull request to mViewer master branch with your features/enhancements/fixes.
Making a Release build
$mvn clean -Prelease
Building a release will generate mViewer--release.zip & mViewer--release.tar.gz files in the target folder which has the mViewer.war bundled with winstone servlet container and start-up scripts from scripts folder.
It will create mViewer.war and run it using the winstone server. Once started, the application can be accessed at http://localhost:port. Default port is 8080 which can be updated in mViewer.properties file.
Working on UI
Do $mvn -Pserver to run server standalone.
Go to mviewer-ui and do npm install and npm start to run ui on web-pack dev server.
Launch at http:localhost:3000
Running Unit Tests
Use the following command to run the unit tests. surefire-reports will be generated in target folder.
$mvn install -DskipTests=false
Deploying to Other Servlet-Containers
You can generate a distributable war file using the following commands. The war can be deployed on to tomcat 7x. Other server integration will be provided on demand.
$mvn clean package
Once the war is deployed go to the url http://:/mViewer