Recorder can be integrated to an application using following two methodologies.
- Using an APK
- Using an Application Source.
Recorder integration using the Application source
We suggest using the application source for integrating recorder as this gives the user more flexibity in changing configurations.
- Eclipse is installed on the system.Eclipse can be downloaded from the link
- AspectJ plugin for eclipse has been installed in eclipse. One of the plugin can found here
- Application that needs to be tested source code is available.
- Export the bot-bot from git to your local system.
- Import the source code of the android app that needs to be tested into your eclipse IDE.
- Right click on the imported android app project -> Configure -> Click on "Convert to AspectJ project".
- Once your android project is converted to AspectJ, copy the recorder folder from the bot-bot source code to the root of the android project.
- Select src & aspects folder under the recorder folder , Right click -> Build-path -> Use as source folder.
- Copy the "recorder.properties" file from the recorder folder to the "assets" folder of your android source code.
- After this compile your android app project and run it as an Android application.
Note: Hardware key actions will not be recorded when using the application from source option.